The Littlstar Cinema app supports the playback of the following media formats. Below is a list of the recommended settings for each:
To ensure proper playback and to be able to support as many videos as possible, we recommend some basic encoding guidelines:
- Codec: H.264
- Profile: High
- Level: 5.1
- Bit Rate: 20Mbps bit rate or lower
- Max pixel width: 2560
- Max pixel height: 2560
- Max frame rate: 60fps
- Color Space: YUV420/NV12 at 8 bits
- Codec: AAC-LC
- Channel Count: 2 (stereo or binaural)
- Bit Rate: 320Kbps bit rate or lower
- File extensions: MP4, MOV
- No fragmentation
- No DRM
- If your video is playing back with no picture (but the audio is still working), chances are you're attempting to play a video encoded with the Main H.264 profile. Re-encoding the video to the High profile will resolve most issues of this nature. Our ls-psvr-encoder application provides a streamlined way to ensure the proper profile is used on your videos without any visual quality loss. An alternative open source transcoder is Handbrake.
- Videos may not playback correctly if they do not include an audio channel. Even if your video is silent, make sure to encode the video with at least one audio channel. Other known issues include videos with multiple channels (3 or more) playing back with no audio. Please adhere to the audio specs for ideal audio formatting.
- Please note that currently we only support baked-in subtitles.
- File extensions: JPG, PNG